Cook up your own potato bites; perfect for any football weekend! These will become a favorite, I promise!
- 1 lb. small potatoes (red or Yukon)
- Olive Oil
- Kosher Salt
- Sliced cheese cut into small squares (your choice of cheese)
- Light Sour Cream
- Cooked bacon, chopped
- Sliced green onions
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees; line a large cooking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Make several cuts through each potato with a sharp knife, avoiding going all the way through.
- Place potatoes on a baking sheet. Rub with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until potatoes are tender. Put cheese slices in between a few cuts and continue to bake until cheese has melted.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before topping with sour cream, bacon, and green onions, or any other desired toppings.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Recipe: The Comfort of Cooking