The best part of the main course for a party is when you can make it ahead of time! You can prepare this before your guests arrive, and keep warm in a crock pot through out the evening until it is time for dinner. Pumpkin is not just for October, but something to make as we get into the colder month of November as well.
- 2 lbs. lean ground beef
- 1 onion diced
- 2 – 15 oz cans pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 – 15 oz cans corn, drained
- 2 – 14.5 oz cans fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 – 15 oz can pumpkin
- 1/4 cup Del Diablo Merlot, or similar red wine
- 3 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp pepper and 1/2 tsp salt
- Beef broth, optional to do chicken or water instead
- Serve with Corn Chips, Shredded Cheese, Sour Cream, and Green Onions
- Cook beef in a skillet all the way through, drain, and transfer to slow cooker. (5-6 quart size)
- Stir in remaining ingredients: corn, pinto beans, pumpkin, seasoning, onion, and wine.
- Cook for 4-6 hours, only add broth if you want a thinner soup like consistency. Serve with desired toppings!