Party Planners have numerous ideas for how to decorate the interior of your home for a party, but what about the exterior? What better way for guests to make an entrance, than to have your decked out for the event they are attending! We love the idea of a frame around the door with Tulle and the large masks in the corner. Now, masks that size may need to be ordered online, but you can find smaller ones at your local Halloween Shop or Party Store.
Take your theme colors and wrap them around the door frame for a stunning entry way. Little bits can be added along the sides, kind of like a theater curtain being held to the side with some rope. If you have done any outdoor decorations for Halloween, a themed party, or just because we would love to see and hear about it!
If you are looking for a location for your next party or get together, the B&B Country Garden Inn offers different party packages! Just give us a call today to look into dates and start helping you plan.
A cute, simple craft to add to your Masquerade party is some themed wine glasses! Wine glasses can be picked up at your local Dollar Store, so the cost would be based on how ever many you needed.
Super Glue, Elmer’s Glue
Modge Podge or Sealant Spray
- Draw out different mask designs onto a piece of cardstock and cut them out. Make sure you are making them to fit around the size of the glass. Brush glue onto the masks to add the glitter and let it dry, then add a spot of glue on the back for the feather and allow time to dry.
- Use the brush again to coat anywhere on the wine glass you want glitter and sprinkle it on top. Move the wine glass around and even let it dry upside down to release any loose pieces.
- Super Glue will be needed to attach the cardstock mask to the wine glass, Elmer’s Glue will not stay on the glass. Hold the piece in place until it dries.
- Cover the mask and the areas with glitter with a sealing spray or paint with modge podge to ensure that it will hold in place. Perfect to add as a decoration or toasting!
While there are endless party ideas through out the year, most of them you would think of activities for children. We are also guilty of posting a lot of ideas that revolve around kids or the family unit. October is a wonderful time for Halloween themed parties, as well as Masquerades! You can find a wonderful selection of masks at your local costume shop, or make your own for the event. There is a lot you can do with the themed, specific colors or anything goes. This event is a great for you and your friends, co-workers, etc. The fancy dresses are not needed, everyone can come in costumes with matching masks, or have on their Sunday best, even jeans and t-shirt. Decorate with feathers, beads, other masks around the room, and food that matches the chosen color theme you have gone with.
PS – If you need a place to hold your party, try calling us at the B&B Country Garden Inn (919) 303 – 8003
The best part about this recipe is that you can make an alcoholic and non-alcoholic version depending on what kind of get together you are having! This recipe is called Dragon’s Blood Punch and it will definitely look the part in any of your serving glasses! You just need a bottle of Ginger Ale, Apple Juice, Cranberry Juice and Hawaiian Punch. Add ice cubes and mix all together for a delicious drink. If you are looking to make an adult version, add orange liqueur and berry vodka. Dress it up with some goblets from the Halloween Store or Party City to really make them stand out at any party.
Rice Krispies have made the perfect treat for all ages for many years. How about taking a different twist on a classic by making it fall appropriate?
6 cups Rice Krispies
1/4 cup Butter
1 bag large Marshmallows
Red and Yellow Food Colouring
1/4 cup cooking oil in a small bowl
1. Melt butter in a large pot over low heat. Add the marshmallows and stir until melted and combined together.
2. Add several drops of red and yellow food colouring into the mix and remove from heat. After you get your desired color of orange, add in your rice krispies. Mix well.
3. Coat your hands with the cooking oil so the mixture does not stick to your hands. Roll into small balls and place onto parchment paper. Add oil to your hands after each.
4. Gently press a Rolo into the center top of the balls while they are still warm to make the stem, placing a green m&m next to it on the side as the leaf.
5. Allow to cool until firm.
There are some really iconic characters around Halloween; Vampires, Mummies, Ghosts, Bats, Frankenstein, and Witches! Here is a cute, simple treat idea for your home or office Halloween party. All you are going to need are mini Reese’s candies and pretzel sticks. Unwrap how ever many Reese’s you want or fill up a tray, and flip them upside down. Gently stick the pretzel into the center of the cup and ta-da you have mini witch brooms! A tasty treat of salty and sweet at your next get together.
Normally this would not be a joking matter, but it is a creative and easy to do Halloween Costume idea! All you need for this one is a pack of name tags from your local Walmart or Staples and a plain t-shirt. Write different names on each tag and stick them all over the shirt. Now you can safely steal identities around you! I love pun based costumes, there are so many good ones out there. What are some favorites you have seen before?