The best part about this recipe is that you can make an alcoholic and non-alcoholic version depending on what kind of get together you are having! This recipe is called Dragon’s Blood Punch and it will definitely look the part in any of your serving glasses! You just need a bottle of Ginger Ale, Apple Juice, Cranberry Juice and Hawaiian Punch. Add ice cubes and mix all together for a delicious drink. If you are looking to make an adult version, add orange liqueur and berry vodka. Dress it up with some goblets from the Halloween Store or Party City to really make them stand out at any party.
6 cups Rice Krispies
1/4 cup Butter
1 bag large Marshmallows
Red and Yellow Food Colouring
1/4 cup cooking oil in a small bowl
1. Melt butter in a large pot over low heat. Add the marshmallows and stir until melted and combined together.
2. Add several drops of red and yellow food colouring into the mix and remove from heat. After you get your desired color of orange, add in your rice krispies. Mix well.
3. Coat your hands with the cooking oil so the mixture does not stick to your hands. Roll into small balls and place onto parchment paper. Add oil to your hands after each.
4. Gently press a Rolo into the center top of the balls while they are still warm to make the stem, placing a green m&m next to it on the side as the leaf.
5. Allow to cool until firm.
There are some really iconic characters around Halloween; Vampires, Mummies, Ghosts, Bats, Frankenstein, and Witches! Here is a cute, simple treat idea for your home or office Halloween party. All you are going to need are mini Reese’s candies and pretzel sticks. Unwrap how ever many Reese’s you want or fill up a tray, and flip them upside down. Gently stick the pretzel into the center of the cup and ta-da you have mini witch brooms! A tasty treat of salty and sweet at your next get together.
Deviled Eggs have always been tradition at a variety of functions from Easter to Family Reunions. We all have our own family recipes that make them unique and taste “the best” versus anything else your guests have had before! Next time you break out the carton of eggs and boiling water, try some new toppings with your mixture! Bacon and Jalapenos not only add an interesting flair to the eggs, but a unique, delicious taste. With it being football season and many game day tailgates coming up, you can be the talk of the town with your bacon jalapeno masterpieces.
Which teams are you watching this weekend?
- 1 (8oz) package of cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 TB brown sugar
- 1 package mini chocolate chips
- small handful white chocolate chips
- graham crackers, vanilla wafers, and pretzels for serving
- Beat cream cheese, butter, and vanilla in a medium sized bowl until fluffy. Add sugar and beat until combined. Stir in 3/4 cup mini chocolate chip. Cover and refrigerate for two hours.
- If making a football shape, line the inside of the bowl with plastic wrap then fill with mixture. Cover the top with plastic wrap. If not, then simply place the mixture on a large piece of plastic wrap and shape into a ball. Refrigerate for at least an hour.
- To decorate and serve, remove plastic wrap from top of the bowl and invert the cheesecake ball onto serving platter. Remove remaining plastic wrap. If you are not using a bowl, remove plastic wrap and serve as a ball, or use your hands to make into football shape.
- Decorate by covering cheesecake ball with remaining chocolate chips. To add accents to resemble “football laces”, add in white chocolate chips to center and top sides.
- Serve with graham crackers, vanilla wafers, and pretzels.
Cook up your own potato bites; perfect for any football weekend! These will become a favorite, I promise!
- 1 lb. small potatoes (red or Yukon)
- Olive Oil
- Kosher Salt
- Sliced cheese cut into small squares (your choice of cheese)
- Light Sour Cream
- Cooked bacon, chopped
- Sliced green onions
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees; line a large cooking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Make several cuts through each potato with a sharp knife, avoiding going all the way through.
- Place potatoes on a baking sheet. Rub with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until potatoes are tender. Put cheese slices in between a few cuts and continue to bake until cheese has melted.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before topping with sour cream, bacon, and green onions, or any other desired toppings.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Recipe: The Comfort of Cooking
The guys in your life will love this munchie.
- Farm Rich Original Meatballs
- American Cheese, cut in small pieces
- Ice Berg Lettuce, cut into small pieces
- Grape Tomatoes, cut in half
- Bake the meatballs per the package instructions, as many as you would like to make.
- Cut American Cheese into pieces to melt over the tops of the meatballs as they bake.
- Stack your toppings onto toothpicks; Tomato, Lettuce, and Bacon.
- After meatballs are done cooking, add a slice of cheese on top to melt.
- Add meatballs to end of toothpicks and serve with a variety of condiments.
Recipe: An Affair from the Heart