Deviled Eggs have always been tradition at a variety of functions from Easter to Family Reunions. We all have our own family recipes that make them unique and taste “the best” versus anything else your guests have had before! Next time you break out the carton of eggs and boiling water, try some new toppings with your mixture! Bacon and Jalapenos not only add an interesting flair to the eggs, but a unique, delicious taste. With it being football season and many game day tailgates coming up, you can be the talk of the town with your bacon jalapeno masterpieces.
Which teams are you watching this weekend?
If you are a College Football or NFL fan, then here is a game changing snack to have at your next party! Even if you are not football fans, use it in a square pan for a great appetizer anytime.
- 1 (8oz) package of cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 TB brown sugar
- 1 package mini chocolate chips
- small handful white chocolate chips
- graham crackers, vanilla wafers, and pretzels for serving
- Beat cream cheese, butter, and vanilla in a medium sized bowl until fluffy. Add sugar and beat until combined. Stir in 3/4 cup mini chocolate chip. Cover and refrigerate for two hours.
- If making a football shape, line the inside of the bowl with plastic wrap then fill with mixture. Cover the top with plastic wrap. If not, then simply place the mixture on a large piece of plastic wrap and shape into a ball. Refrigerate for at least an hour.
- To decorate and serve, remove plastic wrap from top of the bowl and invert the cheesecake ball onto serving platter. Remove remaining plastic wrap. If you are not using a bowl, remove plastic wrap and serve as a ball, or use your hands to make into football shape.
- Decorate by covering cheesecake ball with remaining chocolate chips. To add accents to resemble “football laces”, add in white chocolate chips to center and top sides.
- Serve with graham crackers, vanilla wafers, and pretzels.
Cook up your own potato bites; perfect for any football weekend! These will become a favorite, I promise!
- 1 lb. small potatoes (red or Yukon)
- Olive Oil
- Kosher Salt
- Sliced cheese cut into small squares (your choice of cheese)
- Light Sour Cream
- Cooked bacon, chopped
- Sliced green onions
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees; line a large cooking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Make several cuts through each potato with a sharp knife, avoiding going all the way through.
- Place potatoes on a baking sheet. Rub with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until potatoes are tender. Put cheese slices in between a few cuts and continue to bake until cheese has melted.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before topping with sour cream, bacon, and green onions, or any other desired toppings.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Recipe: The Comfort of Cooking
The guys in your life will love this munchie.
- Farm Rich Original Meatballs
- American Cheese, cut in small pieces
- Ice Berg Lettuce, cut into small pieces
- Grape Tomatoes, cut in half
- Bake the meatballs per the package instructions, as many as you would like to make.
- Cut American Cheese into pieces to melt over the tops of the meatballs as they bake.
- Stack your toppings onto toothpicks; Tomato, Lettuce, and Bacon.
- After meatballs are done cooking, add a slice of cheese on top to melt.
- Add meatballs to end of toothpicks and serve with a variety of condiments.
Recipe: An Affair from the Heart
US OPEN Tennis Party – why not? This and Wimbledon are two of the biggest tennis events of the year. We party for the Super Bowl, so let’s party for the US Open. During this week’s blogs, you will see simple ideas to make the party themed for the event…….some decorating and food ideas. Enjoy!
PS – If you need a place to hold your party, try calling us at the B&B Country Garden Inn (919) 303 – 8003