Party Planners have numerous ideas for how to decorate the interior of your home for a party, but what about the exterior? What better way for guests to make an entrance, than to have your decked out for the event they are attending! We love the idea of a frame around the door with Tulle and the large masks in the corner. Now, masks that size may need to be ordered online, but you can find smaller ones at your local Halloween Shop or Party Store.
Take your theme colors and wrap them around the door frame for a stunning entry way. Little bits can be added along the sides, kind of like a theater curtain being held to the side with some rope. If you have done any outdoor decorations for Halloween, a themed party, or just because we would love to see and hear about it!
If you are looking for a location for your next party or get together, the B&B Country Garden Inn offers different party packages! Just give us a call today to look into dates and start helping you plan.
While there are endless party ideas through out the year, most of them you would think of activities for children. We are also guilty of posting a lot of ideas that revolve around kids or the family unit. October is a wonderful time for Halloween themed parties, as well as Masquerades! You can find a wonderful selection of masks at your local costume shop, or make your own for the event. There is a lot you can do with the themed, specific colors or anything goes. This event is a great for you and your friends, co-workers, etc. The fancy dresses are not needed, everyone can come in costumes with matching masks, or have on their Sunday best, even jeans and t-shirt. Decorate with feathers, beads, other masks around the room, and food that matches the chosen color theme you have gone with.
PS – If you need a place to hold your party, try calling us at the B&B Country Garden Inn (919) 303 – 8003
The best part about this recipe is that you can make an alcoholic and non-alcoholic version depending on what kind of get together you are having! This recipe is called Dragon’s Blood Punch and it will definitely look the part in any of your serving glasses! You just need a bottle of Ginger Ale, Apple Juice, Cranberry Juice and Hawaiian Punch. Add ice cubes and mix all together for a delicious drink. If you are looking to make an adult version, add orange liqueur and berry vodka. Dress it up with some goblets from the Halloween Store or Party City to really make them stand out at any party.
Rice Krispies have made the perfect treat for all ages for many years. How about taking a different twist on a classic by making it fall appropriate?
6 cups Rice Krispies
1/4 cup Butter
1 bag large Marshmallows
Red and Yellow Food Colouring
1/4 cup cooking oil in a small bowl
1. Melt butter in a large pot over low heat. Add the marshmallows and stir until melted and combined together.
2. Add several drops of red and yellow food colouring into the mix and remove from heat. After you get your desired color of orange, add in your rice krispies. Mix well.
3. Coat your hands with the cooking oil so the mixture does not stick to your hands. Roll into small balls and place onto parchment paper. Add oil to your hands after each.
4. Gently press a Rolo into the center top of the balls while they are still warm to make the stem, placing a green m&m next to it on the side as the leaf.
5. Allow to cool until firm.
There are some really iconic characters around Halloween; Vampires, Mummies, Ghosts, Bats, Frankenstein, and Witches! Here is a cute, simple treat idea for your home or office Halloween party. All you are going to need are mini Reese’s candies and pretzel sticks. Unwrap how ever many Reese’s you want or fill up a tray, and flip them upside down. Gently stick the pretzel into the center of the cup and ta-da you have mini witch brooms! A tasty treat of salty and sweet at your next get together.
Pac-Man is one of the most easily recognizable gaming characters across multiple generations. Up until now, all of the DIY costumes we have posted were pretty straight forward. This one is going to be a little more in depth, but the results are worth it!
Spray Paint in Black and Yellow
Hot Glue Gun
Traceable Circle (ex. Hula Hoop)
- Use your large circle to trace 2 patterns onto the cardboard. Make sure to use the straight edge and ruler when adding in the fake mouth so it is realistic. Arm circles can be drawn using your duct tape, just make sure it is big enough for your child’s arm!
- For the connecting center, measure from shoulder to shoulder and then add 1/2″ – 1″ of wiggle room. Cut your connecting center so the cardboard is horizontal. This way it can roll and take shape.
- Once you have your center cut, roll it up so it will take shape easier. Next make a line 1/2″ on each side. Take a blade and make cuts up to that line, bending inward as you go. It also helps to score this line from top to bottom (cut, but not all the way through) so the edges bend easier and make for a cleaner fold/line.
- Begin your assembly by hot gluing and duct taping the pieces together. The mouth section should be made of stiffer card board, so measure and cut that separately.
- Once all of the assembly is complete, it’s time to paint! Spray paint is a nice quick way to do this, and you can learn some tips and techniques from the video below!https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qB_MtpaMYaY
Leave the black mouth pieces unassembled and spray paint those separately. You can add these once the entire yellow piece is painted and dry.
Sometimes costumes are better when you do them together! This is a great option for a couples costume, friends, or your kids to do together. For this you will need matching set of leggings and plain t-shirt which can be found at Walmart or Amazon, as well as felt in the opposing color (Black if the clothes are white, or white if the clothes are black, or whatever color you want the dots to be really). Cut out the circles and place them ahead of time to know where you want them. Then you can use hot glue to attach them or sew if you are handy with a nail and thread! Super easy and another costume under $20 for Halloween!