There are a couple different scents we associate with fall; Apple, Pumpkin, and Cinnamon. If you go into Bath & Body Works there are definitely more than that, but it is easier to create these scents on your own in your home then trying to recreate “Flannel”. Not only will the smell fill up your home, but it is an adorable craft anyone in the family can make to add to the atmosphere of the season. They also make great handmade gifts for friends and family.
All you need is Cinnamon Sticks, Twine/Ribbon, Rubber Bands, and different sized Pillar candles. Place the rubber band halfway around your candle. Vary the height in the cinnamon sticks are you place them around the candle under the rubber band. Once you are finished, wrap ribbon and twine around the center to hide the rubber band. Create your own centerpiece with pine cone accents or berries!
I hope you did not think that the DIY crafts ended with the Halloween Costumes! This is an easy craft project you can do with your kids and have them add something special to the dinner table on Turkey Day. You can even add some acorns or scented potpourri!
Artificial Autumn Leaves
Mod Podge Matte
Krylon Triple Thick Glaze
- Lay down upside down and cover with plastic wrap.
- Start to add leaves by covering one side in Mod Podge, sticking them to the plastic wrap, and then covering the other side as well.
- Add additional layer of plastic wrap to top of leaves to keep from sticking up.
- After 4 hours in the sun, remove plastic wrap on top to allow leaves to dry all the way.
- Use Krylon Triple Glaze to stiffen leaves and cover tackiness from Mod Podge. Once dry, remove from bowl and take off plastic wrap.
A cute, simple craft to add to your Masquerade party is some themed wine glasses! Wine glasses can be picked up at your local Dollar Store, so the cost would be based on how ever many you needed.
Super Glue, Elmer’s Glue
Modge Podge or Sealant Spray
- Draw out different mask designs onto a piece of cardstock and cut them out. Make sure you are making them to fit around the size of the glass. Brush glue onto the masks to add the glitter and let it dry, then add a spot of glue on the back for the feather and allow time to dry.
- Use the brush again to coat anywhere on the wine glass you want glitter and sprinkle it on top. Move the wine glass around and even let it dry upside down to release any loose pieces.
- Super Glue will be needed to attach the cardstock mask to the wine glass, Elmer’s Glue will not stay on the glass. Hold the piece in place until it dries.
- Cover the mask and the areas with glitter with a sealing spray or paint with modge podge to ensure that it will hold in place. Perfect to add as a decoration or toasting!