Baked good are a go to when it comes to the holidays, but how do you distribute them to your friends, family, and co-workers? This DIY project is adorable, an additional gift in itself and not too expensive to put together. Instructions and idea found via Kara at Crafts Unlimited. We truly love what you came up with and would love to see other interpretations like a penguin or snowman!
Red and White Yard
Hot Glue Gun
- Place glue around the bottom of your flower pot and start to wrap the red yarn around it. Do about three layers.
- Do the same to the top lip of the flower pot, but with white instead of red.
- When it dries glue two of the black buttons or three onto the main base to look like Santa’s coat.
- Now you can add a plastic wrapped bag of goodies, plant, or any other holiday goodies!
There are a couple different scents we associate with fall; Apple, Pumpkin, and Cinnamon. If you go into Bath & Body Works there are definitely more than that, but it is easier to create these scents on your own in your home then trying to recreate “Flannel”. Not only will the smell fill up your home, but it is an adorable craft anyone in the family can make to add to the atmosphere of the season. They also make great handmade gifts for friends and family.
All you need is Cinnamon Sticks, Twine/Ribbon, Rubber Bands, and different sized Pillar candles. Place the rubber band halfway around your candle. Vary the height in the cinnamon sticks are you place them around the candle under the rubber band. Once you are finished, wrap ribbon and twine around the center to hide the rubber band. Create your own centerpiece with pine cone accents or berries!
From the title you may be thinking this is going to be a great after Thanksgiving Snack, but that is not the case! Those little turkeys are great all month long! Use them at the Dinner table as gifts on Thanksgiving or bring them into school or the office as a Holiday treat to share with everyone.
M&Ms or Reese’s Pieces
Small plastic hair ties
- Place candies into center of a Tulle square, tie together with the elastic.
- Cut brown pipe cleaner into 6 inch pieces and roll to about 2 inches. Wrap an orange pipe cleaner around to form beak. Example below.
- Add eyes to the sides of your Turkey and use red pipe cleaner for the wattle underneath the chin. Yellow pipe cleaner can be used to create the legs and toes.
- Stick pipe cleaner pieces into Tulle to stick into Turkey!
I hope you did not think that the DIY crafts ended with the Halloween Costumes! This is an easy craft project you can do with your kids and have them add something special to the dinner table on Turkey Day. You can even add some acorns or scented potpourri!
Artificial Autumn Leaves
Mod Podge Matte
Krylon Triple Thick Glaze
- Lay down upside down and cover with plastic wrap.
- Start to add leaves by covering one side in Mod Podge, sticking them to the plastic wrap, and then covering the other side as well.
- Add additional layer of plastic wrap to top of leaves to keep from sticking up.
- After 4 hours in the sun, remove plastic wrap on top to allow leaves to dry all the way.
- Use Krylon Triple Glaze to stiffen leaves and cover tackiness from Mod Podge. Once dry, remove from bowl and take off plastic wrap.
The best part of this centerpiece? You can make it your own! I loved the aesthetic colors of this piece with just the Orange, Black, Yellow and Whites. The layers are as follows: mini marshmallows, black licorice, pumpkin peeps, mini marshmallows, Whoppers, Candy Corn, ghost peeps, colored gumballs, and topped with colorful candy lollipops.
Purple and Green would be another spooky combination together. Containers could be anything from a vase to a mason jar to champagne flutes! Another touch you could add is a colorful ribbon tied around the center of the glass. Whatever you decide to layer, we would love to know what you used and how it came out.
In addition to some delicious snacks, you need to make sure the house looks the part too. There are classics for every Halloween party; pumpkins, orange and black, bats, and Spider Webs! You can utilize some webbing in a different form to add to the atmosphere. All you will need for this one is some fake spiders from the Halloween Store, spider webbing, white string lights and mason jars.
Turn the lights on and put the battery pack in first, the webbing should cover it up. Lay the webbing out and place the lights inside, wrapping them up. Add the webbing into the jar. Last, but not least, place your 8 legged friends front and center! These are perfect as center pieces, additional decor through out the house, or even table accents.
Normally this would not be a joking matter, but it is a creative and easy to do Halloween Costume idea! All you need for this one is a pack of name tags from your local Walmart or Staples and a plain t-shirt. Write different names on each tag and stick them all over the shirt. Now you can safely steal identities around you! I love pun based costumes, there are so many good ones out there. What are some favorites you have seen before?