Baked good are a go to when it comes to the holidays, but how do you distribute them to your friends, family, and co-workers? This DIY project is adorable, an additional gift in itself and not too expensive to put together. Instructions and idea found via Kara at Crafts Unlimited. We truly love what you came up with and would love to see other interpretations like a penguin or snowman!
Red and White Yard
Hot Glue Gun
- Place glue around the bottom of your flower pot and start to wrap the red yarn around it. Do about three layers.
- Do the same to the top lip of the flower pot, but with white instead of red.
- When it dries glue two of the black buttons or three onto the main base to look like Santa’s coat.
- Now you can add a plastic wrapped bag of goodies, plant, or any other holiday goodies!
There are a couple different scents we associate with fall; Apple, Pumpkin, and Cinnamon. If you go into Bath & Body Works there are definitely more than that, but it is easier to create these scents on your own in your home then trying to recreate “Flannel”. Not only will the smell fill up your home, but it is an adorable craft anyone in the family can make to add to the atmosphere of the season. They also make great handmade gifts for friends and family.
All you need is Cinnamon Sticks, Twine/Ribbon, Rubber Bands, and different sized Pillar candles. Place the rubber band halfway around your candle. Vary the height in the cinnamon sticks are you place them around the candle under the rubber band. Once you are finished, wrap ribbon and twine around the center to hide the rubber band. Create your own centerpiece with pine cone accents or berries!
Normally this would not be a joking matter, but it is a creative and easy to do Halloween Costume idea! All you need for this one is a pack of name tags from your local Walmart or Staples and a plain t-shirt. Write different names on each tag and stick them all over the shirt. Now you can safely steal identities around you! I love pun based costumes, there are so many good ones out there. What are some favorites you have seen before?
Pac-Man is one of the most easily recognizable gaming characters across multiple generations. Up until now, all of the DIY costumes we have posted were pretty straight forward. This one is going to be a little more in depth, but the results are worth it!
Spray Paint in Black and Yellow
Hot Glue Gun
Traceable Circle (ex. Hula Hoop)
- Use your large circle to trace 2 patterns onto the cardboard. Make sure to use the straight edge and ruler when adding in the fake mouth so it is realistic. Arm circles can be drawn using your duct tape, just make sure it is big enough for your child’s arm!
- For the connecting center, measure from shoulder to shoulder and then add 1/2″ – 1″ of wiggle room. Cut your connecting center so the cardboard is horizontal. This way it can roll and take shape.
- Once you have your center cut, roll it up so it will take shape easier. Next make a line 1/2″ on each side. Take a blade and make cuts up to that line, bending inward as you go. It also helps to score this line from top to bottom (cut, but not all the way through) so the edges bend easier and make for a cleaner fold/line.
- Begin your assembly by hot gluing and duct taping the pieces together. The mouth section should be made of stiffer card board, so measure and cut that separately.
- Once all of the assembly is complete, it’s time to paint! Spray paint is a nice quick way to do this, and you can learn some tips and techniques from the video below!https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qB_MtpaMYaY
Leave the black mouth pieces unassembled and spray paint those separately. You can add these once the entire yellow piece is painted and dry.
Sometimes costumes are better when you do them together! This is a great option for a couples costume, friends, or your kids to do together. For this you will need matching set of leggings and plain t-shirt which can be found at Walmart or Amazon, as well as felt in the opposing color (Black if the clothes are white, or white if the clothes are black, or whatever color you want the dots to be really). Cut out the circles and place them ahead of time to know where you want them. Then you can use hot glue to attach them or sew if you are handy with a nail and thread! Super easy and another costume under $20 for Halloween!
There are so many different brands and types of jellybeans out there, but they are always recognizable. This DIY is simple and cost less than $20 to create! Just be careful and stay away from corners and anything sharp, don’t want to lose your beans before the party!
All you need for this costume is a large clear plastic bag and some assorted balloons from your local Walmart or Party City. Cut out holes in the bag for your arms and legs and slip the costume on. Then, fill up the balloons so that they look like large jellybeans and add them into the bag. When it is filled, use a ribbon or rope to tie everything closed and bam! Additional Logo option is completely up to you, but can be printed onto card stock and attached with tape or pins.
One of the easier, and least expensive Halloween Costumes you could make is Cousin It from the Addams Family. This costume is perfect for children or adults. The best part? Everything you need is located at your local Dollar Store!
All you need is a couple grass skirts, a pair of shades, and a bowler hat. Tie the grass skirts on the top of your head and cover with the bowler hat. Move the grass around your eyes to see and cover them with the shades and you are set!
Over the next couple of days we are going to start helping you get prepared for Halloween! There are some really cute, easy, fun Do-It-Yourself costumes out there and we want to share some of our favorites with you.
Prepare yourself to take on the ocean with this cute easy DIY Scuba Diver costume! This is one of the most adorable costumes out there. All you need is a black pants and matching long sleeve top, some old soda bottles, spray paint, electrical tape, rope, hot glue and matching colored goggles and snorkel set.
Tape together the two empty soda bottles (once they are rinsed out of course), and spray paint desired color. Then secure with electrical tape around the middle. Use a hot glue gun to attach the rope to the top and bottom of each bottle to create arm straps. Once secured, accessorize with a belt, goggle, snorkel, and you are all set!
Tip: You could always spray bottles with glow in the dark paint or fill with glow sticks in order for your little ones to be seen as they are out trick or treating.
DIY Projects have been becoming more and more popular over the years. We have a fun project for you that could really benefit your next pool party and won’t cost a lot to make. All you need is a pool fun noodle that you are willing to cut up, string, and a clear plastic tub.
- Make sure you pick up a noodle that has the hole running through it. Cut the noodles into 4 pieces, two long and two short.
- Set up the pieces around a plastic container to make sure they fit around it. Then run the string through the noodle pieces to hold them together in the rectangular shape.
- Tie the string together and test out your piece! Fill it up with
PS – If you need a place to hold your party, try calling us at the B&B Country Garden Inn (919) 303 – 8003