Baked good are a go to when it comes to the holidays, but how do you distribute them to your friends, family, and co-workers? This DIY project is adorable, an additional gift in itself and not too expensive to put together. Instructions and idea found via Kara at Crafts Unlimited. We truly love what you came up with and would love to see other interpretations like a penguin or snowman!
Red and White Yard
Hot Glue Gun
- Place glue around the bottom of your flower pot and start to wrap the red yarn around it. Do about three layers.
- Do the same to the top lip of the flower pot, but with white instead of red.
- When it dries glue two of the black buttons or three onto the main base to look like Santa’s coat.
- Now you can add a plastic wrapped bag of goodies, plant, or any other holiday goodies!
I hope you did not think that the DIY crafts ended with the Halloween Costumes! This is an easy craft project you can do with your kids and have them add something special to the dinner table on Turkey Day. You can even add some acorns or scented potpourri!
Artificial Autumn Leaves
Mod Podge Matte
Krylon Triple Thick Glaze
- Lay down upside down and cover with plastic wrap.
- Start to add leaves by covering one side in Mod Podge, sticking them to the plastic wrap, and then covering the other side as well.
- Add additional layer of plastic wrap to top of leaves to keep from sticking up.
- After 4 hours in the sun, remove plastic wrap on top to allow leaves to dry all the way.
- Use Krylon Triple Glaze to stiffen leaves and cover tackiness from Mod Podge. Once dry, remove from bowl and take off plastic wrap.
These chocolate peanut butter snacks are perfect for a special fall treat or a get together! Everyone talks about this being Pumpkin Spice season, but I bet they never thought about Acorn treats.
All you need is Hershey’s Kisses, mini chocolate chips, and the bite size Nutter Butter cookies. Put aside 1 Kiss, 1 mini chip, and 1 cookie to go as a set and put aside how ever many you want to make. Take the rest of the mini chocolate chips and melt them in the microwave for 5 second intervals, making sure to stir between each. Dip the mini chip into the melted chocolate and hold onto the middle of the Nutter Butter. Do the same with the Hershey’s Kiss on the opposite side. Allow time to cool or put into fridge to accelerate process!
PS – If you need a place to hold your party, try calling us at the B&B Country Garden Inn
(919) 303 – 8003
Here is a Spooky take on a classic lunch treat! Not only can these be used at a Halloween Part, but a cute lunch time surprise for school during October. While some of the instructions seem self explanatory, we just wanted to show how quick and easy it was to make!
Round Cookie Cutter or Knife
Mini Chocolate Chips
- Use cookie cutter on bread slices to get the top and bottom of your spider body. (Or you can free hand with a knife.)
- Add peanut butter to one, and jelly to the other. We found it best to add the pretzel stick spider legs now instead of sticking them in later on. Place the top down to secure the legs.
- Now all that is left is placing two chocolate chips on top as the eyes! Simple, Easy, Delicious!
Sometimes costumes are better when you do them together! This is a great option for a couples costume, friends, or your kids to do together. For this you will need matching set of leggings and plain t-shirt which can be found at Walmart or Amazon, as well as felt in the opposing color (Black if the clothes are white, or white if the clothes are black, or whatever color you want the dots to be really). Cut out the circles and place them ahead of time to know where you want them. Then you can use hot glue to attach them or sew if you are handy with a nail and thread! Super easy and another costume under $20 for Halloween!
One of the easier, and least expensive Halloween Costumes you could make is Cousin It from the Addams Family. This costume is perfect for children or adults. The best part? Everything you need is located at your local Dollar Store!
All you need is a couple grass skirts, a pair of shades, and a bowler hat. Tie the grass skirts on the top of your head and cover with the bowler hat. Move the grass around your eyes to see and cover them with the shades and you are set!
Over the next couple of days we are going to start helping you get prepared for Halloween! There are some really cute, easy, fun Do-It-Yourself costumes out there and we want to share some of our favorites with you.
Prepare yourself to take on the ocean with this cute easy DIY Scuba Diver costume! This is one of the most adorable costumes out there. All you need is a black pants and matching long sleeve top, some old soda bottles, spray paint, electrical tape, rope, hot glue and matching colored goggles and snorkel set.
Tape together the two empty soda bottles (once they are rinsed out of course), and spray paint desired color. Then secure with electrical tape around the middle. Use a hot glue gun to attach the rope to the top and bottom of each bottle to create arm straps. Once secured, accessorize with a belt, goggle, snorkel, and you are all set!
Tip: You could always spray bottles with glow in the dark paint or fill with glow sticks in order for your little ones to be seen as they are out trick or treating.