Pac-Man is one of the most easily recognizable gaming characters across multiple generations. Up until now, all of the DIY costumes we have posted were pretty straight forward. This one is going to be a little more in depth, but the results are worth it!
Spray Paint in Black and Yellow
Hot Glue Gun
Traceable Circle (ex. Hula Hoop)
- Use your large circle to trace 2 patterns onto the cardboard. Make sure to use the straight edge and ruler when adding in the fake mouth so it is realistic. Arm circles can be drawn using your duct tape, just make sure it is big enough for your child’s arm!
- For the connecting center, measure from shoulder to shoulder and then add 1/2″ – 1″ of wiggle room. Cut your connecting center so the cardboard is horizontal. This way it can roll and take shape.
- Once you have your center cut, roll it up so it will take shape easier. Next make a line 1/2″ on each side. Take a blade and make cuts up to that line, bending inward as you go. It also helps to score this line from top to bottom (cut, but not all the way through) so the edges bend easier and make for a cleaner fold/line.
- Begin your assembly by hot gluing and duct taping the pieces together. The mouth section should be made of stiffer card board, so measure and cut that separately.
- Once all of the assembly is complete, it’s time to paint! Spray paint is a nice quick way to do this, and you can learn some tips and techniques from the video below!https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qB_MtpaMYaY
Leave the black mouth pieces unassembled and spray paint those separately. You can add these once the entire yellow piece is painted and dry.