Shout out to Mommy Octopus for this recipe and presentation! What a cute and adorable little snack for Thanksgiving. At our house we always have little snacks through out the day so we do not sit down on empty stomachs, but not so heavy we cannot enjoy the main meal of the day. These would be perfect to put on a decorative plate during that time!
All you need to put these little guys together are Rolo’s, Mini Pretzels, Candy Corn, Sugar Pearls, and M&Ms. You can click on the link below to check out the original blog post if you are looking for step by step instructions. If you do make them, we would love to see a picture!
We love different and unique table presentations! Most families will set the table up ahead of time and have it looking beautiful through out the day until it is Turkey Time. The best part about this little tutorial is that you do not need to have Orange napkins to make this work, you can use any other color and it still looks gorgeous. All you need is Dinner Napkins, Napkin Rings, and a Pickle (or a paper green stem made from cardboard.
- Place the Napkin Ring in the dead center of the napkin. Pull the napkins partially up through the ring and flip it over.
- Fluff the folds to make them more evenly distributed.
- Flip back over and start to tuck the four corners into the napkin ring.
- Flip back over one more time and place your stem in the center.
Simple. Sweet. Done. You will have a cute little pumpkin to place on your plates while the food is cooking and make for a pretty adorable picture opportunity. How do you decorate the table for Thanksgiving?
I hope you did not think that the DIY crafts ended with the Halloween Costumes! This is an easy craft project you can do with your kids and have them add something special to the dinner table on Turkey Day. You can even add some acorns or scented potpourri!
Artificial Autumn Leaves
Mod Podge Matte
Krylon Triple Thick Glaze
- Lay down upside down and cover with plastic wrap.
- Start to add leaves by covering one side in Mod Podge, sticking them to the plastic wrap, and then covering the other side as well.
- Add additional layer of plastic wrap to top of leaves to keep from sticking up.
- After 4 hours in the sun, remove plastic wrap on top to allow leaves to dry all the way.
- Use Krylon Triple Glaze to stiffen leaves and cover tackiness from Mod Podge. Once dry, remove from bowl and take off plastic wrap.
In addition to some delicious snacks, you need to make sure the house looks the part too. There are classics for every Halloween party; pumpkins, orange and black, bats, and Spider Webs! You can utilize some webbing in a different form to add to the atmosphere. All you will need for this one is some fake spiders from the Halloween Store, spider webbing, white string lights and mason jars.
Turn the lights on and put the battery pack in first, the webbing should cover it up. Lay the webbing out and place the lights inside, wrapping them up. Add the webbing into the jar. Last, but not least, place your 8 legged friends front and center! These are perfect as center pieces, additional decor through out the house, or even table accents.
Up until now we have shared a lot of really simple recipes for the Holiday season, this one looks like it is more complicated but it really is not that bad! A lot of it revolves around referencing the image to correctly place the pieces. Definitely something to try at your next get together. Do you already have a go-to recipe for guacamole? If so then you can pull that out and star to work on that! You could also cheat and get some pre-made and only have to worry about the decorating.
You are going to want to Freeze it if you are not planning to use it right away in order to hold the shape. Sliced olives are used to create the stitching anywhere on the face you want them, as well as some hair. Green Olives are used for the eyes. Sun dried tomatoes create the bloody scars. You can be creative in the elements you use as well! Let us know what alterations you made.
What You Need:
Dash of Salt
Garnish with blue corn chips.
We were going to put Mummy Dogs as the title, but we figured on Wednesday we scared you enough with the Teeth Snack! These hot dogs can be preserved for a special dinner or another snack at your Halloween Party. All you need for this one is a pack of your preferred hot dogs, crescent roll dough, mustard, and your favorite hot dog toppings!
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Cut crescent roll dough into strips to wrap around each hot dog. Lay on a baking sheet and cook for 20 minutes. Finish them off with some mustard yellow eyes!
A cute, simple craft to add to your Masquerade party is some themed wine glasses! Wine glasses can be picked up at your local Dollar Store, so the cost would be based on how ever many you needed.
Super Glue, Elmer’s Glue
Modge Podge or Sealant Spray
- Draw out different mask designs onto a piece of cardstock and cut them out. Make sure you are making them to fit around the size of the glass. Brush glue onto the masks to add the glitter and let it dry, then add a spot of glue on the back for the feather and allow time to dry.
- Use the brush again to coat anywhere on the wine glass you want glitter and sprinkle it on top. Move the wine glass around and even let it dry upside down to release any loose pieces.
- Super Glue will be needed to attach the cardstock mask to the wine glass, Elmer’s Glue will not stay on the glass. Hold the piece in place until it dries.
- Cover the mask and the areas with glitter with a sealing spray or paint with modge podge to ensure that it will hold in place. Perfect to add as a decoration or toasting!