Here is a Spooky take on a classic lunch treat! Not only can these be used at a Halloween Part, but a cute lunch time surprise for school during October. While some of the instructions seem self explanatory, we just wanted to show how quick and easy it was to make!
Round Cookie Cutter or Knife
Mini Chocolate Chips
- Use cookie cutter on bread slices to get the top and bottom of your spider body. (Or you can free hand with a knife.)
- Add peanut butter to one, and jelly to the other. We found it best to add the pretzel stick spider legs now instead of sticking them in later on. Place the top down to secure the legs.
- Now all that is left is placing two chocolate chips on top as the eyes! Simple, Easy, Delicious!
Now this one is definitely not one for the kids! We have a recipe for you that would be a great pool side addition to your party, or even just a relaxing day by the pool with family.
1 package (3 ounces) lime gelatin
2 tablespoons sugar
1 cup boiling water
2 cans (12 ounces each) frozen limeade concentrate, thawed
2 cups cold water
1 cup grapefruit soda
1 cup rum or additional grapefruit soda
- Dissolve gelatin and sugar in boiling water, add mint leaves. Make sure to cover and steep for 20 minutes. Press through a sieve and discard the mint. Stir in limeade concentrate, cold water, soda and rum. Pour into a 2 1/2 qt. freezer container to freeze overnight or until set.
- Scoop 2/3 cup slush into a glass, pour soda over it and garnish as desired. This recipe makes 13 servings!
Credit for this recipe to Taste of Home
Another Recipe, this one for the kids, is Fish Shaped Sandwiches! Serving size for this recipe is six.
1 package (21 ounces) frozen crunchy breaded fish fillets
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup prepared ranch salad dressing
2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
12 slices of bread
6 slices American Cheese
6 lettuce leaves
- Use directions on the package to prepare the Fish fillets. In a small bowl combine the mayonnaise, ranch dressing, relish and garlic powder. Spread over six slices of bread, place two fillets on each slice as well.
- Add cheese, lettuce and remaining bread. Using a 3 1/2 inch fish shaped cookie cutter, you can cut two fish shapes from each sandwich. Ready to serve immediately.All credit for the picture and recipe goes to Taste of Home.