There are a couple different scents we associate with fall; Apple, Pumpkin, and Cinnamon. If you go into Bath & Body Works there are definitely more than that, but it is easier to create these scents on your own in your home then trying to recreate “Flannel”. Not only will the smell fill up your home, but it is an adorable craft anyone in the family can make to add to the atmosphere of the season. They also make great handmade gifts for friends and family.
All you need is Cinnamon Sticks, Twine/Ribbon, Rubber Bands, and different sized Pillar candles. Place the rubber band halfway around your candle. Vary the height in the cinnamon sticks are you place them around the candle under the rubber band. Once you are finished, wrap ribbon and twine around the center to hide the rubber band. Create your own centerpiece with pine cone accents or berries!
We love different and unique table presentations! Most families will set the table up ahead of time and have it looking beautiful through out the day until it is Turkey Time. The best part about this little tutorial is that you do not need to have Orange napkins to make this work, you can use any other color and it still looks gorgeous. All you need is Dinner Napkins, Napkin Rings, and a Pickle (or a paper green stem made from cardboard.
- Place the Napkin Ring in the dead center of the napkin. Pull the napkins partially up through the ring and flip it over.
- Fluff the folds to make them more evenly distributed.
- Flip back over and start to tuck the four corners into the napkin ring.
- Flip back over one more time and place your stem in the center.
Simple. Sweet. Done. You will have a cute little pumpkin to place on your plates while the food is cooking and make for a pretty adorable picture opportunity. How do you decorate the table for Thanksgiving?
From the title you may be thinking this is going to be a great after Thanksgiving Snack, but that is not the case! Those little turkeys are great all month long! Use them at the Dinner table as gifts on Thanksgiving or bring them into school or the office as a Holiday treat to share with everyone.
M&Ms or Reese’s Pieces
Small plastic hair ties
- Place candies into center of a Tulle square, tie together with the elastic.
- Cut brown pipe cleaner into 6 inch pieces and roll to about 2 inches. Wrap an orange pipe cleaner around to form beak. Example below.
- Add eyes to the sides of your Turkey and use red pipe cleaner for the wattle underneath the chin. Yellow pipe cleaner can be used to create the legs and toes.
- Stick pipe cleaner pieces into Tulle to stick into Turkey!
I hope you did not think that the DIY crafts ended with the Halloween Costumes! This is an easy craft project you can do with your kids and have them add something special to the dinner table on Turkey Day. You can even add some acorns or scented potpourri!
Artificial Autumn Leaves
Mod Podge Matte
Krylon Triple Thick Glaze
- Lay down upside down and cover with plastic wrap.
- Start to add leaves by covering one side in Mod Podge, sticking them to the plastic wrap, and then covering the other side as well.
- Add additional layer of plastic wrap to top of leaves to keep from sticking up.
- After 4 hours in the sun, remove plastic wrap on top to allow leaves to dry all the way.
- Use Krylon Triple Glaze to stiffen leaves and cover tackiness from Mod Podge. Once dry, remove from bowl and take off plastic wrap.